Hi guys, just to add my tuppence worth...

When we use field papers, we find it really useful to use them in conjunction
with OSMAnd. The data you see is the same on the phone and the paper and so,
using the gps locator on the phone, points recorded on field papers are that
much more accurate.

You can even display your feel paper grid over the map in OSMand (it's a bit
fiddly, but not too hard). Details, here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Field_Papers#How_to_use_with_OsmAnd

Hope that helps...

Pete

[http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/images/thumb/7/7f/Field_Papers_making_an_atlas.png/450px-Field_Papers_making_an_atlas.png]<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Field_Papers#How_to_use_with_OsmAnd>

Field Papers - OpenStreetMap
Wiki<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Field_Papers#How_to_use_with_OsmAnd>
wiki.openstreetmap.org
Field Papers is a web-based tool for easily creating a printable map atlas for
anywhere in the world that you can print and add notes to. It is one way to
edit ...

Pete Masters
Missing Maps Project Coordinator
MSF UK