excel-to-shp is an easy task in GIS (also with open source). I have limited time at the moment
but maybe someone here can get a shp from that "excel"?
This could be uploaded for further mapping. Did you create that workflow yourself?

Am 07.03.2016 12:53 schrieb Janet Chapman:
Thanks Max - if someone is able to advise me on the best way of doing that
it would be great!  Thanks Janet

-----Original Message-----
From: maximilian.wag...@posteo.de [mailto:maximilian.wag...@posteo.de]
Sent: 07 March 2016 11:24
To: Janet Chapman <j.chap...@tanzdevtrust.org>
Cc: hot@openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [HOT] Protecting girls at risk of FGM in Tanzania by mapping
their villages - International Womens' Day event

Hi Janet,

I don't want to change the workflow which is mentioned but I was wondering
if this can't be automated:

In a new tab open the Primary Schools sheet Choose a school that has not been added to the map and copy the coordinates from the column, Coordinates to paste Paste these coordinates into the search bar in OpenStreetMap Zoom
into edit and then click the arrow next to Edit and choose Edit with ID

Wouldn't it be possible to set the location of the more than 10000 school
automatically?
As the coordinates are already in that "excel" sheet.

Greetings
Max