Hi, to make things easier I added another column to that spreadsheet. It
contains a formula and with a bit of hocus pocus this becomes a clickable
link.

Now if you have JOSM running AND remote control is enabled AND an edit
layer is open, a node will appear near a school in Tanzania, like magic.
That node has all the tags, that are present in the spreadsheet. The names
of the region, ward and district are converted from ALL CAPS to Init Caps.
I'm wondering if it would make sense to also add addr:country=TZ.

There are 14769 schools in that spreadsheet though, so Blake is right when
he says a page needs to be created to describe this import, which is what
it is, of course. The first question will, of course be: what is the source
of this data? Is that source compatible with OSM's license? Or did we get
explicit permission to import this data? If we didn't then we have the risk
that all our hard labour gets redacted (removed) from the database once
again.

A succesful import of 24000 schools is happening in Uganda. It took several
weeks to get it approved and we're almost done with it now. This is because
a dedicated team worked on them though. It takes a while to get up to
speed, as it's quite different from what we usually do, and you are
supposed to use a dedicated import account username_import.

Polyglot