Hi everyone,

Sorry to jump into the conversation mid-point, but the ‘magic mug’ idea is
great and there was some question about HOT merchandise in general.

So, I’ll take the opportunity to plug a few things:

HOT Store? Yes, maybe some of you recall when Tyler was drafting the HOT
Strategy he sent around a ‘sign-up’ sheet recruiting volunteers for some
projects – and exploring an ‘online store’ was one of them; however, I think I
was the only one who signed-up to help on that. It is basically ‘on the agenda’
for the HOT Fundraising Working Group, and I am still willing to ‘lead’ that
project, but the workload on our more immediate funding strategies is almost
overwhelming at the moment, so we haven’t talked about other ideas like the
store in quite some time.

However, all that said – Pete and Ben, I hope if/when we do an ‘online store’
that I can use the idea of the ‘magic mug’; of course I’m sure Katja who is
part of the FWG and our ‘in-house design expert’ will be my ‘go-to’ help for
actual design, I was more heading in the direction of just figuring out the
‘how’ to do a store (i.e. on our website, different site, through one of the
hundreds of ‘create your own’ store sites, … lots to think about here…?)

Lastly, timing is everything and our next FWG meeting is tomorrow at 1700UTC on
Skype – ping TylerSRadford if you are interested in volunteering for our group
– we have a really great group but as I said, we’re basically ‘at capacity’ and
cannot really take on much more without a few more hands if you are into grant
writing, fundraising in general, or if you have some know-how to set-up and run
an online store.

Thanks Cristiano for launching this challenge and everyone for pitching in
ideas (we can get to mugs and other designs once the tool has a name)!

=Russ

Russell Deffner

 <mailto:russell.deff...@hotosm.org> russell.deff...@hotosm.org

Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT)