On Mon, October 1, 2018 9:56 am, Nate Smith wrote:

> If you have some ideas on additional quality metrics we could add, that
> would be great as this tool is just getting started. I would definitely
> like to include more ways we can think about what quality data means
> during field mapping.

We can imagine all sorts of tools but they won't matter as long as some
circles remain in the mindset that sowing the seeds is the end of the
process and the subsequent gardening doesn't matter.

Instead of feeding newbies into task manager operations, show them a few
specific classes of easy errors (such as Osmose's "overlapping buildings",
"building intersects with highway" or "crossing highways") and let them
clean up a zone. Only then let them add buildings - with enhanced quality
awareness. No new tool needed - only a different focus.

If one needs number to report back to donors, then integrate this sort of
thing with the task manager - and explain to donors how erroneous data is
sharply negative value, that an error corrected is even better value than
a new datum and that for their money to have actually usable impact it
needs some share to be allocated to quality control.