Hi Vincent,

I was in Mali in 2015-2016 and did see this great data collection
happening. The IGM (Institut Geographique du Mali)  was behind this effort,
indeed sponsored by the EU and France I think. The data is indeed owned by
the IGM, I thought the plan was also to sell this data. It was certainly
not available for usage on OSM. :)

The absurdity of the situation was also that several members of the OSM
community in Mali (Makan, Doubassin, Karim, etc.) were working as surveyors
for the IGM to collect all this data, but couldn't edit this on OSM for
their own usage. Those folks were basically doing in their free time the
same again to add data on OSM. Besides this, some of the staff of the IGM
were really supportive to the OSM Mali community and gave them access to
their spaces to come and map on OSM.

So I would say, best to get in touch with the OSM Mali community if you are
not already. Enock has just given you some core members' contacts.

Best wishes,

Jorieke

Op do 2 apr. 2020 om 01:05 schreef Enock Seth Nyamador <enocks...@gmail.com