You can go all the way down to 100 dpi and not much difference at all, 
especially on a 'busy' image.  Has to do with the difference in the what a 
monitor considers dpi and what a printer considers it.  You will see some 
difference, but for a lot of things it's not enough to matter.

JP


From: Margery Ellsworth 
Sent: Sunday, August 29, 2010 10:37 PM
To: [email protected] 
Subject: RE: [HPDesignJet_Printers] Re: DJ130 - crashes when printing in 
Qimage/truncates 24x36 prints in Photoshop


  

Bill and Bob,

Thanks so much for your advice! I did what you suggested - actually I reduced 
the dpi to 240 - and was able to print the entire image! It looks no different 
at 240 than at 300 dpi... I am very very relieved and happy to be able to print 
the whole image without truncation! Thanks again!

Marge







From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of bigreen505
Sent: Sunday, August 29, 2010 7:17 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [HPDesignJet_Printers] Re: DJ130 - crashes when printing in 
Qimage/truncates 24x36 prints in Photoshop



  


What Bob said is correct. Just reduce resolution slightly and you should be 
fine. My understanding is that this is a limitation of the DJ130 because of the 
lack of a print server (DJ130nr doesn't have the problem), so it is fed the 
whole file at once. 

If I recal, 24x36 at 300 was ok, but not at 600.

Bill Green/William Green Photography

--- In [email protected], "Margery Ellsworth" 
<margeryellswo...@...> wrote:
>
> I really hope someone out there can help me as I have tried absolutely
> everything I can think of. My problem is that, when I try to print to my
> DJ130 in Photoshop CS4 the printer stops printing 2/3 through. This only
> happens with very large prints (24 x 36). 



Reply via email to