From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Fab
Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2006 6:10 AM
To: dwelch91
Cc: hplip-help@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Hplip-help] Auto Duplex Margins

Le Sat, 14 Oct 2006 22:41:24 +0200, dwelch91 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit:

> Are you talking about the bottom margin? If so, I'm pretty sure that
> it has to 1/2". I will check with the expert on this on Monday.

Thanks for your answer.
I don't know if I answer the best address. In fact, I do like you : mail you
and CC to HPLIP-help. Tell me if it isn't the right way.

I found the following infos on
http://hplip.sourceforge.net/tech_docs/printable_areas.html :

Printable area or margins are device class and print mode dependent. For
example inkjet products, when Duplex mode is set the top margin is set to "1/2"
inch. Normally the top margin is "1/8" inch. Laserjet products do not have
different margins during duplex.

And you can see on these 2 pictures the results I get with and without duplex
printing :
http://fabthedude.free.fr/fichiers/with-duplex.jpg
http://fabthedude.free.fr/fichiers/without-duplex.jpg

I know that my printer can do fullbleed printing, but I don't want to use this
feature for every day printing... Furthermore, I don't know if it is possible
for text documents and ordinary paper...

Few infos on my system :
HPLIP 1.6.9
CUPS 1.1.23-r8
GHOSTSCRIPT-ESP 8.15.3 (GHOSTSCRIPT-GPL wasn't working as good as ESP...)
KERNEL Linux 2.6.17-r7 on Gentoo PRINTER HP 7310 all-in-one, connected by
ethernet on my LAN switch.
Fab.