Your printer is supported by HPLIP. However the configuration you are
talking about has not been tested.  Currently we have only tested direct
connection (parrallel/usb) or ethernet configurations. We have not
started tested the printer connected to windows and shared to linux
systems as of yet.

If you connected the printer directly to your debian system it should
print correctly.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Aaron