Richard,

Sorry apparently I was thinking of something else, but I am unable to
reproduce this. Can you run hp-check and post the output?

Thanks!

On 4/1/07, Richard Rutter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Hi

I've got a Photosmart 420 connected by USB to my PC - Asrock 939 MB with
Athlon64 running openSUSE 10.2 64.

I set the printer up in CUPS using the backend name given by the HP
software.

I have tried to get the printer/camera to connect to my PC using HPLIP and
have got nowhere, this is the message from the logs -

 linux-ifxb python:[6803]error:Unable to set locale
linux-ifxb hpiod:invalid Device::DeviceID: Broken pipe
hp:/usb/Photosmart-420-series?serial=CN5A9250ZY04HP io/hpiod/device-cpp 771
linux-ifxb python:[6865]error:Unable to set locale

Also, in hp-toolbox the printer is there but status says code 5002,
description Device is powered down or unplugged.

Please could someone point me in the right direction, I'd be glad to
forward more info when requested.

Thanks in advance

Rich

I don't care, I'm still free.  You can't take the sky from me. - "Firefly"
-
Ubuntu User: #11105
Ubuntu Linux http://ubuntulinux.org