Although we do support Slackware, because of Slackware (at times)
complexities--installing can be complicated.  Although this page:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/linux/answers/Applications_GUI_Multimedia/Configuring_HPLIP_for_Slackware_10_2

may be able to provide you with some assistance.  Soon (in theory) the
install will be a lot more simple for Slackware.  Stay tuned!

Aaron