How are you configuring the printer? Using the gnome printer add? or using
hp-setup?  If you aren't using hp-setup--run sudo hp-setup in a terminal
shell.

On 7/6/07, John Kelly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I am running Ubuntu 6.06.  I am having a problem printing a pdf from
acrobat reader 7.0.
The job never prints and the status states "State: Stopped: job-stopped"
I can print the same pdf from gpdf and I can generally print from the
web, OO with no problems.
I also experienced a similar behavior with Abiword. It printed a
document once and then would not print again (same status from lp)

I was running hplip-1.7.4 and just installed hplip-2.7.6.run and the
problem still exists.  I have run the hp-check command and have attached
the output. I am not sure I understand the info message
info: :Installed in HPLIP?: No, not using the hp: or hpfax: CUPS
backend. for the deskjet entries.  I created a DeskJet-6940a after I
installed 2.7.6 to see if it had the same behavior as DeskJet-6940.  It
did.

Thanks
John

I don't care, I'm still free.  You can't take the sky from me. - Firefly
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Einstein