On 2014-06-24 23:39, Dave Morriss wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Ken has been wanting HPR shows to be archived to the Internet Archive
> (archive.org) for quite a while. Some work was done several years ago
> which resulted in the creation of a "collection"
> (https://archive.org/details/hackerpublicradio) for organising uploads,
> and shows 1-620 were uploaded into it. These were structured as batches
> of 10 and included nothing but the audio.
>
> I have taken on the task of uploading more, and this time I thought it
> would be better to submit them as single items with show notes, as well
> as the WAV form of the audio. The archive software then generates
> "derivative" formats such as MP3 and Ogg from this. I made sure to
> include the summary, series (if any) and any tags, which will help with
> searching.
>
> So far I have uploaded shows 1460-1537 which have unique URLs of the
> form https://archive.org/details/hpr1460, I plan to keep adding older
> shows as time permits.
>
> I would appreciate it if you could check out these shows, particularly
> your own, and let me know if you spot any problems.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Dave

You all, with the exception of Code Cruncher, will miss how much work
this was. Big props to Dave for getting this together.

It does highlight how important it is to send us (where possible) a
lossless media file, as both the Internet Archive and our own scripts
will produce better audio. If you don't have it lossless then send us
what you have :) "Any audio is better than no audio."

It also helps if you send in "good" show notes. The definition if "good"
is dependant on the show, but in general it's (links to) any supporting
information that the listener might be interested in.

Again big thanks to Code Cruncher for uploading the first 620 shows and
to Dave for the ongoing effort.

- --
Regards,

Ken Fallon