On 30/11/2015 10:26, Ken Fallon wrote:
> On 2015-11-28 21:20, Frank Bell wrote:
>> I note that in my recent episode #1910 about Qmmp, the links to
>> screenshots in my shownotes were turned into embedded images.  I'd
>> be happy to include any future links to screenshots as embedded
>> images ("src="), if that would be easier for everyone.   It makes
>> no nevermind to me.
>
>> I recall a discussion about shownotes in a recent Community News
>> regarding the pros and cons of using a markdown language.  I'm not
>> particularly interested in learning a markdown language for my own
>> purposes, but, if a nice template were provided, I'd be happy to
>> learn how to use it.
>

> Hi Frank,
>
> It works like this.
>
> We will accept any shows with or without show notes.
>
> If hosts don't provide show notes then Dave, myself, or some other
> volunteer will add them. We much prefer having show notes for reasons
> outlined here:
> http://hackerpublicradio.org/request_a_slot.php#show_notes
>
> Adding embedded images was trivial to do so don't worry about it.
>
> Right now the jury is still out on the "best" show note format. Stay
> tuned to the Community News Shows for more information on how we are
> doing.

At this point I am going to bite my tongue very hard and say nothing
obvious about embedded images in show notes.

Obviously sighted folks want to see screen-shots etc., that's fine, but
if images are of text on a terminal window to illustrate how to
configure something, then they are to be avoided.

Mike

--
Michael A. Ray
Analyst/Programmer