On 2016-04-06 22:59, Bob Jonkman wrote:
> Accessible linking practices is probably worth pointing out in an HPR
> episode.
We are very aware of the fact of keeping things accessible. However we
also need to keep it accessible for all users and not just those with
screen readers.

The policy of having complete links is so that RSS readers will render
the links. So the link 'find episode 1 of galvanic frogs leg spasm here'
would not be rendered as a hyper link. This is why we deliberately put
the text before the link and then the link.
For example

find episode 1 of galvanic frogs leg spasm: http://example.com/frogs

If there is a better way of doing this then I want to hear about it. I
also want more people to hear about it. For that reason it is better to
record a show which will reach 16,000 people versus the mail list which
will hit 160 people.

> Also, the issue of mailing list top and bottom posting. I've been told
> by people using screen readers that it's REALLY annoying to have to
> listen to the same quoted text message after message, only to hear "I
> agree" at the end of it all. Screen reader people seem to prefer top
> posting.

Apologies for doing that one liner. However I disagree about top
posting. I should have trimmed the email down like you did and post in
between. You still need to make sure to include some context.

--
Regards,

Ken Fallon
http://kenfallon.com