I think we should have a referendum over this.

I demand we have a referendum where the alternative to the status quo is
not adequately explained, a whole bunch of people lie about it, change
marginally wins and then we spend the next three years arguing about it
and failing to implement what nobody understood in the first place.

And then finally decide to change nothing, while in the meantime HPR has
fallen to bits and been taken over by extremists.

I vote remain, again.
On 01/04/2019 10:31, Mike Ray wrote:

> I think we should have a referendum over this.
>
> I demand we have a referendum where the alternative to the status quo is
> not adequately explained, a whole bunch of people lie about it, change
> marginally wins and then we spend the next three years arguing about it
> and failing to implement what nobody understood in the first place.
>
> And then finally decide to change nothing, while in the meantime HPR has
> fallen to bits and been taken over by extremists.
>
> I vote remain, again.
>
> On 01/04/2019 10:17, Jason Dodd wrote:
>> Finally we'll be able to afford to have more than 3 shows in the queue.
>>

>> On a serious note, if Audible would release under a free software license
>> AND support gnu linux, I would ALMOST consider not dumping HPR over such a
>> decision.
>>
>> On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 2:19 AM Claes Wallin (韋嘉誠) <
>> hackerpublicra...@clacke.user.lysator.liu.se> wrote:

>>> So glad to hear about this! It's been an incredible journey, and I've
>>> been delighted to have been a small part of it. I am sure that HPR,
>>> with new financial muscle as part of the Audible family, will be able
>>> to provide even better and more diversified services than it already
>>> has. Here's to the next 2781 episodes!
>>>
>>> As for the distribution part of the revenue sharing scheme, may I
>>> suggest launching an HPR cryptocurrency? Tying the rewards to smart
>>> contracts and an oracle service feeding the latest episode download
>>> numbers into the blockchain could be a powerful way to incentivize the
>>> producers of the most eye-catching and popular episodes to bring the
>>> platform to new levels!
>>>
>>> --
>>>    /c

Michael A. Ray
Analyst/Programmer
Witley, Surrey, South-east UK

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when
there is nothing left to take away." -- A. de Saint-Exupery

https://cromarty.github.io/
http://eyesfreelinux.ninja/
http://www.raspberryvi.org/