According to gil:
>Hi,
>
>Is there no way of configuring htdig to look in a subdirectory such as
>/usr/members that contains all the members' web sites that we manage?
>
>>From what I understand from the message below, I need to create an
>index.html page that contains all of the urls for every member. There
>are tens of thousands of members. We can write a short perl script to  automate
>the creation of a large index page listing all of the members pages, but
>before doing so I want to make sure we're not overlooking an a more
>straight forward approach.
>
>Gil

Sure this is possible since everywhere in the configuration file you are
able to include files (not only with the include directive but also by
"inlining" them).

Just create such a file for the start_url directive from the content
of your userspace directories (by "ls -1 /your/memberdir" and some
sed/awk reformatting) before calling the digger.

hth,
  Torsten

E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]            Internet: http://www.inwise.de