To Whom This May Concern:

Many thanks for an excellent piece of software! I am the Web Designer
for a very large site, "The Communication Initiative."
http://www.comminit.com/

There originally was a keywords search box on the Search page
[http://www.comminit.com/search.html] which I have temporarily removed
because the search was considered inaccurate.

I am having trouble indexing text within comment tags and have been
unable to find any information regarding my particular problem. I will
use http://www.comminit.com/power_point/pdseu_06-28-99/sld025.htm as an
example. This is one of many pages in the form of a converted Power
Point presentation that I have modified for our site. You will notice in

the HTML for this page there is a 'text' version of the page that has
been commented out about halfway down the source code of the page. I
need Ht-Dig to index anything within <!-- and -->. I also need to tell
Ht-Dig to ignore [override] any syntax or grammatical issues within
these tags. I have read in your mailing list that Ht-Dig ignores syntax
ridden code and as Power Point tends to convert slide to HTML very
innefficiently, I have no manual way around this that I know of. There
is a command to exclude areas within the HTML but not one to 'include.'

The 'illusion' I am trying to create here is that the search mechanism
is indexing the Power Point slides which would otherwise be impossible
because the slide is actually one large graphic. If Ht-Dig could index
the 'hidden' text in the HTML, this would solve my problem.

Best Wishes and Thanks,

Todd Hooge
Web Designer