Jim Cole wrote:

> Hi.
>
> libc_r is part of the FreeBSD distribution. I believe it is the reentrant
> version of libc, but I am just getting started with FreeBSD, so I could be
> wrong. Not sure about 2.2.5, but the library is standard with FreeBSD 3.x.
> I think maybe you need to take this one up with your ISP, unless someone else
> has a suggestion.

        Your information is exactly correct. Building libc_r was an option on the
2.2 branch, and in fact I wouldn't trust that branch's version of the
library anyway. You (Gary, and/or your ISP) should be moving to FreeBSD
3.3-Release or -Stable at your earliest opportunity. 2.2.5 is ancient
stuff.

Good luck,

Doug