According to David Adams:
> 4)    You have hit a bug in htdig 3.1.2 which results in punctuation
>       in the page head not being stripped out.  If you have, for example:
>
>       <Title>"Champion" says Ray!</title>
>
>       This may cause the "words":
>
>               "champion"
>               says
>               ray!
>
>       to be indexed.
>

> Can anyone positively confirm that that bug is fixed in 3.1.3 ?

As far as I recall, there was no problem with punctuation in titles
causing contamination of words in the database.  Back in 3.1.0,
punctuation in titles could contaminate the excerpt, but not the database.
I believe this problem of punctuation getting into words is limited to
meta descriptions.  If this is the problem you're thinking of, then no,
it has not been fixed yet.

--
Gilles R. Detillieux              E-mail: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>