Thanks for the responses, but I'm still having problems with this feature.

I want to index everything at http://docmaster.minvdox.com/indexer/ and then
rewrite the URLs when the search results are returned so that e.g.
http://docmaster.mindvox.com/indexer/Insurance becomes
http://docmaster.mindvox.com/staticpage/Insurances.

So, I added the following to htdig.conf:

url_part_alias: http://docmaster.mindvox.com/indexer *1

I copied htdig.conf to htsearch.conf and changed the last line of the new
file to:

url_part_alias: http://docmaster.mindvox.com/staticpage *1

then I did this:

# htdig -c /opt/www/htdig/conf/htdig.conf

followed by:

# htsearch -c /opt/www/htdig/conf/htsearch.conf

Enter value for words: insurance
(etc . . .)
<i><a
href="http://docmaster.mindvox.com/indexer/Insurance/">http://docmaster.mind
vox.com/indexer/Insurance/</a></i>
(etc . . .)

What am I doing wrong?

Also, where are the paths to the config files set besides -c?  Is there a
way to have one main config file and only put the differences in seperate
files?

Thanks