I just installed ht://Dig, and like it a lot.  I am at a loss on how to
build the database for my application.  I run a test lab and do testing.
All of our tests are stored on an intranet website by log number.  The file
naming scheme is like 98006.ies, 99165.ies, or 2000135.ies (year + log
number .ies is a  lighting file) or 2000123-1-2.pdf (year+log number-test
number-sample number)  The IES files index correctly, but the pdf files are
rejected when the database is built.

I have put the external parser in the htdig.conf file to use the xpdf
pdftotext program, but cannot get the pdf files to index at all.  I have
verified the program locations are correct.  I also set the allow_numbers
parameter to true.  The htdig -vvv indicates that they are parsed, but they
do not show up.  I read the FAQ on this and thought I had it set up ok.  Can
someone point me in the right direction?  TIA

Wayne Fool