According to Massingham, David:
> Yes, It was from a SRC RPM as I like running as packages. I was playing this
> morning and it turned out the Makefile.config library section was missing a
> "-lz"

Strange.  If this RPM uses the spec file I put together, it should run
./configure as part of the build step, so if the -lz is missing there
must be something causing the configure script to fail on your system,
or your libraries are not in a standard location.  Can you post the
output of the "rpm --rebuild" or "rpm -ba" (or -bb, -bc, or -bi)?
In which directory is your libz installed?

Gilles R. Detillieux              E-mail: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>