>According to Massingham, David:
>> Yes, It was from a SRC RPM as I like running as packages. I was playing
this
>> morning and it turned out the Makefile.config library section was missing
>> "-lz"

>Strange.  If this RPM uses the spec file I put together, it should run
>./configure as part of the build step, so if the -lz is missing there
>must be something causing the configure script to fail on your system,
>or your libraries are not in a standard location.  Can you post the
>output of the "rpm --rebuild" or "rpm -ba" (or -bb, -bc, or -bi)?
>In which directory is your libz installed?

I don't think there's any cause for concern. I had two versions of libz
installed in different places, one being particularly old. Replacing that
with later files seems to have done the trick. (Damn my knackered old
server!)

Cheers,

Dave Massingham

Gilles R. Detillieux              E-mail: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW:
http://www.scrc.umanitoba.ca/~grdetil