At 7:25 PM -0500 7/24/00, David Gibbs wrote:
>Would more memory effect the processing significantly?  Maybe more
>disk?  (got 6gb now).  Is there a mode of operation where it only
>looks at changed pages for indexing?

Sure. If you have pre-existing databases then it will use those to
only look at changed pages. For example, the rundig.sh script
<http://www.htdig.org/files/contrib/scripts/> uses pre-existing .work
files to do this. (Granted, I'm a bit partial to this script. :-)

More memory or a faster disk might help. Also, if you have access to
the files through a local filesystem (preferably not NFS), see the
local_urls attributes:

e.g.
<http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html#local_urls>

--