Speaking of ssl patches.  I also downloaded 3.1.5 and patched it with the
ssl.0 patch and the -l flag.  However, I then ran into the additional
problem that urls of the form:
        https://myserver.com

were being directed to port 80, and that only urls of the form:
        https://myserver.com:433

were actually going to the encrypted port.  So I hacked my copy so that
any url which starts with
        https

goes to port 433 by default but 'http' still goes to 80 by default.  Of
course, both can still be overridden by using the :port on the url.

Did anyone else hit this?  Would this patch be useful to anyone?  If so
I'll try to post it assuming I have the rights to do so.

Joshua