Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your comments. I managed to get it installed (not running yet), but did
have to make changes to the configure file. I intend to run htdig on my web site,
hosted remotely. The shell is only available to me through telnet/ftp. My host has
actually assigned me 2 distinct subdirectories, though they are linked. It took me a
while to figure out the absolute addresses of my subdirectories because I mistakenly
assumed I was in one absolute location, when I was in 2. configure makes certain
assumptions about the absolute location of the install, and in my case these
assumptions were wrong. I think I had to make changes to 3 or 4 statements in
configure.

I also had to edit the CONFIG file to be consistent with the values i set in
configure. Then I got through "make install." Hallaluya.

Question - once I get this installed and running with my existing content, will it be
fairly easy to add new databases of the same type? IOW, will it take forever everytime
I think about it?  :-) What am I getting myself into, etc.?

Thanks

John