Trying to understand the last message from Heriberto:

Are you saying that you can create a file which contains all URLs for the site and
thereby aid in indexing the site?

What does $ find . -depth -print mean?  Is it supposed to be typed somewhere?
If so, where?

When you say "complete path to file" do you actually mean "files" (plural)?

Where would you enter or use it?  In the server?  Under a given sub-directory?
At the prompt on the browser?

What does "awk" mean?

What do you mean by "pipe the output"?

What do you mean by "print the link"?

What is the significance of "<a href=$1>$1</a>?

What is someone supposed to do with this?  Type it?  Insert it?
If so, where?

If you could be more specific, I'll try to follow.

Thanks.

At 04:49 PM 12/15/00 -0600, you wrote:
>Maybe a better idea is to use find to create such file.
>$ find . -depth -print
>
>And now you have the complete path to the file.
>
>You just need to pipe the output to awk and print the
>link "<a href=$1>$1</a>
>
>Good Luck
>
>At 09:09 a.m. 15/12/00 +0000, you wrote:
>>At 18:46 14/12/2000 -0500, Geoff Hutchison wrote:
>>>You can list as many URLs as you want in the start_url attribute, or you
>>>can also include a file into the htdig.conf. e.g.:
>>>
>>>start_url: `/path/to/urls.txt`
>>

>>I guess this would be the way to do it, excuse me if I'm stating the obvious.
>>
>>Go to your root directory (For your web docs) eg /news/archive
>>ls -R > temp.file
>>
>>you'l get eg
>>
>>/news/archive:
>>
>>file1   file2   file3
>>
>>write a short script to parse temp.file
>>
>>find a line that ends in :
>>strip the :
>>
>>write to urls.txt
>>
>>the line that ended in : (- the colon)/file1
>>the line that ended in : (- the colon) /file2
>>till you find another line that end in :
>>
>>Actually i think there's a far easier way to do this
>>in perl but I can't think of it off the top of my head.
>>
>>Maybe a Feature Request? - Ability to give a start directory
>>and index the files in the directory tree? (Or was that another ht://
>product)
>>
>>         Dunk
>>

>>>--
>>>-Geoff Hutchison
>>>Williams Students Online
>>>http://wso.williams.edu/

>----
>Heriberto Cantu
>http://www.elinux.com.mx
>Monterrey, Mexico
>Tel: (8)129-1121
>Cel: 0448-256-8807

The Nationalist Movement
PO Box 2000
Learned MS 39154
(601) 885-2288
Clinic: http://www.nationalist.org/board/html/index.php
Crosstarlist: http://www.nationalist.org/docs/resources/list.html
E-mail: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Forum: http://www.nationalist.org/forum/index.php
Home Page: http://www.nationalist.org
ICQ: 5429992
Newsgroup: alt.national
Views not necessarily those of The Nationalist Movement
© 2000 by The Nationalist Movement