Title: CNN - ChatWatcher
Tired of typing?  Then make CNN.com your homepage.  Click Here.
Click Here
ad info

CNNin
MAIN PAGE
WORLD
U.S.
LOCAL
POLITICS
WEATHER
BUSINESS
SPORTS
SCI-TECH
NATURE
ENTERTAINMENT
BOOKS
TRAVEL
FOOD
HEALTH
STYLE
IN-DEPTH

custom news
Headline News brief
daily almanac
CNN networks
CNN programs
on-air transcripts
news quiz

more infor
 headline news
 fringe mail
 cold war
 allpolitics e-wire
 cnn/si sports
 u.s. storm watch

CNN WEB SITES:
CNN Websites
PATHFINDER SITES:

MORE SERVICES:
video on demand
video archive
audio on demand
news email services
free email accounts
desktop headlines
pointcast
pagenet

.DISCUSSION:
message boards
chat
feedback

SITE GUIDES:
help
contents
search

FASTER ACCESS:
europe
japan

WEB SERVICES:

.

ChatWatcher Banner
Icon Chat Guests for this week

Monday, November 22

Year 2000 chat at 4pm et
Discuss the future of space exploration in our next Year 2000 chat with Alex Roland, former NASA historian and History Department Chair at Duke University.

Crossfire chat at 8:05pm et
Join Reform party hopeful Pat Buchanan, tonight after his appearance on CNN's Crossfire.

Computing chat at 8:30pm et
Chat about the new high-tech goodies on display at COMDEX with Marc Ferranti, News Editor at IDG News Service, who attended the trade show's 20th anniversary in Las Vegas.

Tuesday, November 23

Book chat at 1pm et
Chat about "Dune: House Atreides," a prequel to the original "Dune," with authors Brian Herbert, and Kevin Anderson.

Year 2000 chat at 2pm et
Discuss the future of architecture and city planning with Elizabeth Plater-Zyberk, Dean of the School of Architecture at University of Miami and member of the team who built the town Seaside in "The Truman Show."

Q&A chat at 4:05pm et
Join our "Behind the Scenes with Q&A Chat" following the show, and ask the Q&A program host or producer your questions!

Wednesday, November 24

Year 2000 at 1pm edt
Our Year 2000 chat series continues with a discussion about furniture design with designer Bruce Hannah, Professor of Design at Pratt Institute.

Sunday, November 28

Late Edition chat at 12pm et
Join our chat-along with CNN's Late Edition and chat with other viewers during the live program which interviews the newsmakers of the day!

Join the chats!
CNN CHAT
Check out our Chat Homepage
Books
image Chat E-lert

Join Reform party presidential hopeful Pat Buchanan after his appearance on CNN's Crossfire Monday, November 22 at 8:05pm ET.

Chit Chat
Quotes from a chat with author Michael Crichton:
Question from Ed: Mr. Crichton, having read your works since the ripe old age of twelve or so, I’m always curious as to where your initial ideas come from. How did you first get the idea to write a book about time travel rooted in quantum physics?

Michael Crichton: I get all my ideas from an 800 number. You just call in and a voice gives you the ideas. (Grin.) I don't know where ideas come from.

Question from Da Animal: Do you find it difficult to deal with many of the inconstancies of time travel in your books?

Michael Crichton: What I did in this book was decide to eliminate all the so-called time paradoxes, and I have a long argument to explain why they don't make sense. Anyway, I got rid of them.

Question from HIServant: What's the biggest misconception people have about you?

Michael Crichton:That I am a nice guy. (Sorry. I am getting a little batty.) Uh...that I get my ideas from an 800 number. Uh...that I can tell them where I get my ideas, because I know what I am doing. Actually, I have no idea what I am doing. (Some of you may have noticed that by now.)

Back to the top
CNN Interactive email id:146691535155828799