Title: CNN - ChatWatcher
Tired of typing?  Then make CNN.com your homepage.  Click Here.
Click Here
ad info

CNNin
MAIN PAGE
WORLD
U.S.
LOCAL
POLITICS
WEATHER
BUSINESS
SPORTS
SCI-TECH
NATURE
ENTERTAINMENT
BOOKS
TRAVEL
FOOD
HEALTH
STYLE
IN-DEPTH

custom news
Headline News brief
daily almanac
CNN networks
CNN programs
on-air transcripts
news quiz

more infor
 headline news
 fringe mail
 cold war
 allpolitics e-wire
 cnn/si sports
 u.s. storm watch

CNN WEB SITES:
CNN Websites
PATHFINDER SITES:

MORE SERVICES:
video on demand
video archive
audio on demand
news email services
free email accounts
desktop headlines
pointcast
pagenet

.DISCUSSION:
message boards
chat
feedback

SITE GUIDES:
help
contents
search

FASTER ACCESS:
europe
japan

WEB SERVICES:

.

ChatWatcher Banner
Icon Chat Guests for this week

Monday, December 6

Book chat at 12pm et
Chat with acclaimed photographers Carol Beckwith and Angela Fisher, authors of "African Ceremonies," about their experiences of photographing the many vanishing rituals and customs of tribal African cultures.

Computing chat at 4pm et
Advanced Micro Devices has just taken the speed lead. Chat about their new athlon chip with Dana Krelle, Vice President of Marketing for AMD.

Allpolitics chat at 9pm et
Chat with CNN's Frank Sesno following the GOP debate in Arizona, live on CNN!

Tuesday, December 7

Book chat at 1pm et
Chat with Dr. Marty Becker, veterinarian and co-author of "Chicken Soup for the Cat & Dog Lover's Soul," about the book and the Million Pet Mercy Mission.

Q&A chat at 4:05pm et
Join our weekly "Behind the Scenes at Q&A chat," this week with Q&A host Riz Khan who joins us live following the program!

@2000 chat at 4:30pm et
Discuss the future of faith with Bishop Steven Charleston, Dean of the Episcopal Divinity School in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

Wednesday, December 8

@2000 chat at 1pm et
Chat about the future of language with computer linguistics expert Edward Hovy, Head of the Natural Language Group at the University of Southern California.

@2000 chat at 2pm et
Chat with award-winning New York furniture designer Bruce Hannah about the future of design. Hannah teaches at the Pratt Institute and puts ideas into practice at his own firm, Hannah Design.

Travel chat at 4pm et
Find out about this season's hottest ski spots with Rick Kahl, Editor-in-Chief of Skiing Magazine, as he attends Ski Industry Week in Lake Tahoe. Join the chat!

Thursday, December 9

Consumer chat at 4pm et
What are the hottest and safest toys for your kids this year? Chat with Lisa Chudnofski, Associate Editor at Parents Magazine, to find out.

Friday, December 10

Health chat at 1pm et
Don't be in the dark. Chat with Soap opera actress Linda Dano, a spokeswoman for the National Osteoporosis Association, about the "Lights on for Osteoporosis" campaign.

Space chat at 2pm et
Join Karl Sabbagh to discuss how and why the International Space Station was built, and the PBS special "Space Station," which he wrote, produced and directed. Join the chat!

Book chat at 4pm et
Michael Crichton returns to our chat room for another round of questions about his latest book, "Timeline," following his appearance on CNN's Talkback Live.

Sunday, December 12

Late Edition chat at 12pm et
Join our chat-along with CNN's Late Edition and chat with other viewers during the live program which interviews the newsmakers of the day!

Join the chats!

Topic chats for week of December 6, 1999 (All times EST)

CNN Almanac/news facts-Dec. 6, 3-4pm
GOP Presidential debate-Dec. 6, 8-9pm
Midwife vs. hospital birth-Dec. 7, 1-2pm
Drunk driving & MADD-Dec 7, 4-5pm
Fringe news-Dec 8, 2-3pm
Christmas past-Dec 8, 4-5pm
Entertainment-Dec 9, 5-6pm
Space-Dec 10, 3-4pm
New millennium-Dec 10, 5-6 pm
Week in review-Dec 11, 7-8pm
Trivia-Dec 11 8-9pm
Religion-Dec 11, 11-12pm
CNN CHAT
Check out our Chat Homepage
Books
image Chat E-lert

Chat with CNN's Frank Sesno following the GOP debate in Arizona, live on CNN! Monday December 6, at 9pm ET.

Chit Chat
Author Michael Crichton enjoyed chatting with us so much, he's coming back this Friday at 4pm ET for second round of questions about his latest book "Timeline" following his live appearance on CNN's TalkBack Live!
Read the November 17, 1999 transcript!

Oscar series week! Be sure to join us next week for a series of chats with Oscar contending actors, actresses and directors!

Welcome back Q&A Host Fischi... you were missed!

Our @2000 chat series continues this week with experts to discuss the future of faith and linguisitics. Also, get over that retro furniture and chat with leading furniture designer Bruce Hannah expert about changing fads in furniture!

Like our Crossfire chats ? Check the Crossfire home page for more show guests to join the chat room following the their live appearances on Crossfire!