+1 for 1.5

Joshua Preston
Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 22, 2007, at 6:12 PM, David Castañeda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[+1]  I am in favor of using Java 1.5 and taking advantage of its new
features

On Nov 21, 2007 5:40 AM, Oleg Kalnichevski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Dear HttpClient users,

HttpClient 4.0 code line currently requires Java 1.4. We are considering
migrating HttpClient to Java 1.5, so we could take advantage of new
language features and platform libraries (such generics, enums, and
java.util.concurrent classes)

Please let us know what you think by casting a vote as follows:
[ ] +1 I am in favor of using Java 1.5 and taking advantage
     of its new features
[ ] -1 I am NOT in favor of using Java 1.5. Java 1.4 compatibility
     is more important

When voting please take into consideration the following factors
(1) core HTTP components (released as a separate package) will remain
Java 1.3 compatible
(2) it will probably take a year to complete the development of
HttpClient 4.0. By that time Java 1.5 is likely to be more pervasive
than today

Everyone is encouraged to express his/her opinion on the matter

Oleg, on behalf of the HttpComponents team

David Castañeda R.
Easy Solutions LTDA.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Movil: +57(1)(300) 4497203