I just signed on and found this in the archives:

<<<<<<<<<<<<
On Fri, 2008-11-07 at 03:48 -0800, Eugene Kondrashev wrote:
> I see..
> But, how can I recognize the session id cookie?

I am afraid I do not have any good news for you.

> In theory server can use any label to designate session id cookie. Is there
> some standard way to get sessionID cookie through HTTPClient?

Session cookies are not standardized. JEE servlet containers / .NET
applications rely on certain conventions, but effectively an application
is free to choose just about any cookie to pass around as a session
token.

Oleg

I am using 4.0 and am trying to use the HttpContext to tie the same
session to two separate requests to the J2EE server (tomcat).
When I inspect the cookies coming back I do not see a session id (i
thought it would be JSESSIONID).

If this does not come under the category of doing my job for me, could
someone please tell me how to tell a J2EE server to set the session
cookie id?

Thanks,
-Al