On 16 January 2014 16:35, Boxer, Aaron <aaron.bo...@uhn.ca> wrote:
> Thanks, Oleg. I am not trying to criticize the project in any way;
> just wondering if anyone has insight into why, on Windows, Java NIO is so
> much slower than stream IO.

If it is only slower for DVD copies, that seems more like an issue with DVD
caching.

Are you sure that the synch and asynch tests both started from exactly the same
environment?

What do you mean by environment?  Both tests read the same DVD, after flushing
the Windows OS file cache.
But, the clients are, of course, set up differently.  Would you like me to post
how I am configuring the clients?