Hi there,

I'd like to share some new results...

I've been able to somehow fix the issue.
The changes were:
1) Added log4j2 jars and configured logging for apache httpclient5 (although there's no log output, only files getting created) 2) upgraded hc5-async-json-0.2.0.jar to version 0.2.1 (downloaded from github repo and did a gradle build)
The maven dependency for this jar was
<dependency>
            <groupId>com.github.ok2c.hc5</groupId>
            <artifactId>hc5-async-json</artifactId>
            <version>0.2.0</version>
        </dependency>
The only place where I used the library was for the code fragment:
com.ok2c.hc5.json.http.JsonResponseConsumers.create(jsonFactory),
when sending a request - to parse the response.

Usually after <1 day I start to see connection errors out of nothing. Now the code has been running for 36 hours without connection errors. Plus: If I force a connection error by taking the server offline, and bringing it back online again, the http client this time does not give me an I/O Reactor Shutdown Exception. I tried it twice now, and the client seems to reconnect.

There is only 1 bug left. After the reconnect of the Apache HTTP Client, the server that receives the msg, but only the very first msg, throws a JsonParseException: Unexpected end-of-input in field name - I tried it twice and it both times threw this Exception. So there's something wrong with the headers or connection after reconnecting for the very first msg. All subsequent messages are okay.

br,
Can