I'd like to see progression into 0.9.0 as well.  Items like taking street
photos side by side down the sidewalk and hugin making a linear panorama from
them.

I'd brought up some examples, and someone on the list pointed out some of the
code was now in open source.

Eventually having hugin dump the pano in a ready made web package would be nice
as well.

On a side note, how does GSOC work.  As a business owner who enjoys making
panoramas as a hobby and a way of escaping work, I'd be interested in
sponsoring in a some (codeless) way something similar to GSOC for projects as
those mentioned above.  Bounties, etc, whatever one may call it.

Dale