Hi Group,

  I have been playing with generalisations of the stereographic
  projection. Given a "view sphere" of a 360 panorama, the basic idea
  is the float around inside that sphere and then project on to either
  a plane or a cylinder. Conventional perspective comes from
  projecting from the centre of the sphere, and stereographic from the
  back, onto a plane. This projection allows projection from anywhere
  in the sphere in any (meaningful) direction.

  First tries at using this at

  http://www.flickr.com/photos/gawthrop/sets/72157614419442162/

  At the moment, it's a mathmap implementation. But I would like to
  think about putting it in hugin and/or panini. Note that, unlike the
  Panini projection, the aim is to distort - albeit in a meaningful way.

  Comments&suggestions appreciated.

  Peter

Peter Gawthrop
pe...@gawthrop.net