Hi all,

Great to see that I'm not the only one who likes the idea of a
javascript panorama viewer :)

Regarding speed, I've been fiddling around a bit myself with the
current version, and here are some of my (mostly quite obvious)
findings:

 - Smaller dimension of input image: faster
 - Smaller dimension of panorama viewer: faster
 - Less vertical slices (larger wSlice): faster (but less accurate)
 - Smaller visible part of the input image (smaller vertical field of
view): faster. Compare MODE_PRESSx to MODE_NORMAL or MODE_PANNINI for
example.
 - Google Chrome or Firefox versus Internet Explorer: faster.

I've tested the script on my new laptop (Core2 Duo at 2.23 GHz), my 4
year old desktop (Athlon64 at 2.2 GHz) and a pretty recent computer at
my job, with the current html file (720x300 pixels). It doesn't run
nearly as smooth as most Flash viewers, but 1 or 2 frames per second
using IE, and a little more using Chrome and Firefox. Considering it's
just Javascript, I found this pretty okay. But of course I hope to get
newer versions to run faster. It's open source, so others are of
course welcome to contribute.

Best,
Bart