Harry,
I'm downloading the 0.8.0RC3 version now, so we'll see if it works.
It's Promising to hear that this version "should" work on a G5, at
least.

I had downloaded 0.7.0 too, and I may test it on a simple series to
see if that works too. One of them ought too (?)...

I run a 2.5gz DP G5 with 2.5G RAM, using OSX 10.4.11, if that helps.

Camera: I recently bought a Panasonic DMC-L10K SLR with Leica lens,
which gives me shots with a minimum of vignetting, chromatic or other
distortions, so this is why I wanted a good Pano program to stitch my
shots together. Hope this is it!

Last question (maybe): I can use Hugin without the Auto-control-point
plugins, can't I? I prefer to do my control points myself, assuming it
is more precise to do so.
Thanks for the reply,
-Bob