Hi,

 My name is Ravi and I am PhD student. I am using hugin to stitch
multiple pictures as part of my project. I work with 32 bit float
images. I was able to load the images into hugin and stitch them. I
also got similar problem where the panorama is either completely black
or completely white. I am sure the procedure as described by Tom in
the previous message will work fine, because I have been following
similar procedure for a different application. But, I am having with
the output. I am saving the images as tiff images but I am can not
view the images. I tried to open the image using ImageJ, Matlab and
Gimp. I can not access the images. The error in ImageJ says,
'unsupported interleaved sampleperpixel 2' and similarly in matlab, I
see each pixel has two channels. I am assuming the extra channel in
the monochrome image is alpha channel.

I appreciate if there is any way to create the panorama such that the
32bit data is preserved and accessible. I am a Biomedical Engineering
student with average knowledge of image processing.

Thank You,
Ravi.