Hi Bruno,

 Thank you for message. I capture images as text file for the same reason,
because image file can not handle floating point data. My research involves
in dealing with quantitative analysis of images. I was trying to load 32 bit
floating point tiff images saved using 'ImageJ' and load them in hugin to
make a panorama. So, my aim is to somehow preserve the 32 bit floating point
values when I save the panorama.

 The image that is being saved has 32 bit floating point numbers in the
pixel. But, none of software can read the 2 channel image that is being
saved. It will great if I can extract the channel with the image data. I
generally do post-processing in matlab. Is it possible to save the final
panorama as a ASCII text file or image (where image is just an array of
numbers).

 I am working on to know more of the inner workings of hugin and panotools.
I appreciate any help.

Have a great weekend,
Ravi.