George -

On May 30, 1:35 am, grow <george...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It is running on my, now infamously problematic, "Village_Hotel"
> panorama.  I see it is producing a lot more commentary than it used
> to.

        Probably you run Enblend with a high
verbosity setting, i.e. lots of "-v" options.
Without any "-v" you should get only warning or
error messages and no "info"-class messages.

BTW, the verbosity setting even reaches as far
as the output of "--version":

    $ ~/projects/enblend-staging-hg/BUILD/src/enblend --version --
verbose
    enblend 3.2-staging-rev335

    Extra feature: image cache: no
    Extra feature: GPU acceleration: no
    Extra feature: OpenMP: yes - version 2005-5 using 4 processor(s)
and up to 4 thread(s)

    Supported image formats: BMP EXR GIF HDR JPEG PNG PNM SUN TIFF
VIFF
    Supported file extensions: bmp exr gif hdr jpeg jpg pbm pgm png
pnm ppm ras tif tiff xv

    Copyright (C) 2004-2009 Andrew Mihal.
    License GPLv2+: GNU GPL version 2 or later <http://gnu.org/
licenses/gpl.html>

    Written by Andrew Mihal and others.

As you see, a verbose "--version" tells about
all extra features that have been compiled into
a particular Enblend or Enfuse binary and about
the supported image formats and file extensions.

> It is about a third of the way through at "exposure_layers"  number 8
> in the "enblending"  of 27 such layers.  So far there are more than
> 20,000 lines of text in the commentary window 18,000 of which start
> "enblend: info:".  So we should at least get lots of debugging data!

        Actually, "info"-class messages do not
carry debug information though they surly could
aid debugging.  To get debug information compile
with "-DDEBUG".  Real debug messages start with
"+"-signs to set them apart from normal output.

Infos tell the user about Enblend's or Enfuse's
normal actions.  Their cousins, warnings, state
that the normal execution path has been left,
but the program is able to take corrective
measures itself.  Errors, oh well...

> I will go to sleep and let it run ... I'll let you know in the
> morning ... here is hoping that when I get back here I am NOT
> delivering a massive debugging data file.

        If the version you are running has
OpenMP support _and_ you use a multi-processor
machine, I'd be interested whether you see a
performance increase compared to older versions.

Best regards,
        Chris