All,

George is running the new Hugin OSX svn3888 build which comes with
Christoph's enblend and enfuse version 336 [1]

2009/5/30 cspiel <csp...@freenet.de>

> George -
>
> On May 30, 1:35 am, grow <george...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > It is running on my, now infamously problematic, "Village_Hotel"
> > panorama.  I see it is producing a lot more commentary than it used
> > to.
>
>         Probably you run Enblend with a high
> verbosity setting, i.e. lots of "-v" options.
> Without any "-v" you should get only warning or
> error messages and no "info"-class messages.

@George,

Please check your Hugin Preferences on the enblend tab in the parameter
field: Do you have one (or multiple) parameter(s) "-v"  or "--verbose"
there? If so, and you want to get rid of all the messages, remove that
parameter.

> > I will go to sleep and let it run ... I'll let you know in the
> > morning ... here is hoping that when I get back here I am NOT
> > delivering a massive debugging data file.
>
>         If the version you are running has
> OpenMP support _and_ you use a multi-processor
> machine, I'd be interested whether you see a
> performance increase compared to older versions.
>

> Best regards,
>        Chris

The enblend 336 version inside the Hugin svn3888 bundle comes without OpenMP
support and therefore can't use multiple cores on a multi-core machine. I'm
still googling whether it is possible to use this on OSX or not. At least
the make macro does not find it on my OSX system (and as I'm the builder
others get what I create ;-)  )

As for GCC: I still use the default gcc4.1 on Leopard. I could compile with
4.2, but not with 4.3 (AFAIK). For 4.3 I have to completely re-install,
re-configure, etc my build environment with the possibility that I can no
longer use XCode (as that's 4.1 and 4.2 based). I like a little adventure,
but I'm not that adventurous.

Harry

[1]: https://code.launchpad.net/~cspiel/enblend/staging