Harry, and all the rest:
I left a message a few weeks ago, and am back at it, trying to make
Hugin stitch.

I've downloaded version 0.7.0 and now 2 versions of 0.8.0, the latest
being rc3. NONE of them will stitch, but all seem to work up until
then.

This is the error log I get:

Checking nona...[OK]
Checking enblend...[OK]
Checking enfuse...[OK]
Checking hugin_hdrmerge...[OK]
Checking exiftool...[OK]
Checking rm...[FAIL]
gnumake: *** No rule to make target `/PHOTOS\:RK folder/TRAIN PHOTOS
folder/_1010657.JPG', needed by `Trainpano10000.tif'.  Stop.

Using my prodigious powers of deduction I am not installing it
correctly or not using it correctly.

INSTALLATION: As I said before I am not a geek and only know how to
click on an installer or drag an app to the app folder and pray.
That's what I did, just dragged the Hugin app from the DMG folder; I
did not install Autopano or anything else. I did not "build" it on my
mac. Maybe I should have installed/copied something that I didn't?

OPERATOR ERROR?: You can see from above what worked and what
ultimately didn't, I think. What is "checking rm"? which failed? Maybe
I just did something stupid on the save dialog?
(fyi I am used to using ultrasimple Canon Stitcher so I linked the
control points manually. that much I know).

Anybody have an idea what is going on?

thanks!
Bob