On 10 июл, 22:54, Tom Sharpless <tksharpl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Each lead (and junior)  author has said he would like to distribute a
> free version of his program, but that neither Adobe nor Microsoft
> would allow that to be open source

I'm not quite sure. The MS guy who is in charge for their Photosynth
software actually released code from his research projects under GPL.
We'll see :)

I do know however that information in the Adobe related papers is not
always sufficient for creating software. The one from seam carving was
(wasn't Adobe at the time, though), but the one from PatchMatch
already isn't -- that's what Carlo told me.

Alexandre