2009/9/9 Yuval Levy <goo...@levy.ch>

> Harry van der Wolf wrote:
> > OpenMP is not an issue as it is not available on OSX (apart from some
> > extremely bleeding edge source packages)
>
> bummer! I guess you know about http://hpc.sourceforge.net/ ?
>
> Yuv

Yes, I know it. He does a good job but it requires me to install a new
GCC/GCC++ environment (in /usr/local which is not a default on OSX). I have
no idea what that will do to my current installation and all the tools I use
and build.
Secondly: OpenMP is benificial on Multicore. G5 is a ppc dual-core as are
most Intels currently. There are some high-end quad-core Xeon Macs as well.
When running on Dual-Core you don't want to use both cores (at least I
won't. It will stop your system from doing anything else). On a high-end
Quad-Core Xeon you might want to use 2-3 cores.
Thirdly: Gaurav's packages are not universal, which means that I might have
to do an awful lot of work of making it universal.
Fourthly: Currently I have no idea how to package that into a portable
bundle (Hugin), let alone a universal bundle. This last might not be
necessary. It is also for mac users possible to use an enblend/enfuse from
"outside" the bundle which would simplify the job.

Being very busy currently with quite some things going on, I don't want to
start another project. It might be relatively easy, but maybe not at all.
Maybe later.
Next to the other "projects" my goals for enblend are (in this order):
- Make it work with cmake.
- Patch it so that enblend/enfuse can create >2GB tiff files which is
currently not possible due to a TIFF/OSX incompatibility.
- Try to build 64bit stand-alone enblends/enfuses. The later versions have
currently problems with that (that is: I have problems with it).
- Make enblend/enfuse work on Snow Leopard. Currently there seem to be
problems with that.

Fortunately there is a great community of enblend builders on OSX  :-(
(I think I'm currently the only one as others use my builds also in their
bundles/plugins and so on.).

Harry