Ryan Sleevi wrote:
>> makes sense - I'm on MSVC EE and it looks like Microsoft wants to cap
>> the wings of developers for its plattform / extract a tax from them -
>> OpenMP is not supported in MSVC EE, just in the higher up, paying
>> editions.
>
> Not entirely accurate. You probably want to view
> http://blog.codekills.net/archives/25-OpenMP-and-Visual-C++-the-free-way-sor
> ta.html
>
> It turns out OpenMP is like x64 compilation - It's possible, just requires a
> little... finesse.

right now it takes more than just... finesse. They removed it from the
SDK (see comments #4 - #6 on the blog post that you linked). I had found
that blog post a few weeks ago (when you, I and others were discussing
the Windows build of Enblend); I did download the SDK; I did install it;
and I ended up making the same experience as the guys from #4 - #6.

I don't know if it is legal to redistribute older versions of the SDK;
nor if anybody does it. I have not checked any further. If Microsoft
wants to make it difficult for me to build bleeding edge software on
their architecture, I'll happily build it (and use it) elsewhere.

Yuv