Am Freitag 02 Oktober 2009 schrieb paul womack:
> I'm trying to "get" the exciting (well, I'm excited!) new release
> on my Fedora 10 box.
>
> As I understand matters, the "approved" mechanism is to install
> the tarball, let the rpmbuild process trundle along (for "some" time)
> and then install the resulting RPM's in the usual "I am a dumb user"
> fashion.
>
> So I downloaded the tarball:
>
>   hugin-2009.2.0.tar.gz
>
> And read:
>   http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_Compiling_Fedora
>
> Now, I'm pretty good at following instructions.
>
> Here are my notes:
> > download from http://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin/
> > hugin-2009.2.0.tar.gz
> >
> > working through http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_Compiling_Fedora
> >
> > yum groupinstall "Development Tools"
> > yum install rpmdevtools
> > (already setup)
> >
> > found recent src rpm
> > http://bugbear.postle.net/~bruno/apt/redhat/el4/i386/SRPMS.panorama/hugin
> >-2009.3.0-0.1.20090914svn.el4.src.rpm
> >
> > got the hugin.spec
> > rpm -ivh hugin-2009.3.0-0.1.20090914svn.el4.src.rpm
> >
> > cp hugin-2009.2.0.tar.gz  ~/rpmbuild/SOURCES/
> >
> > rpmbuild -ba ~/rpmbuild/SPECS/hugin.spec
> > needed freeglut-devel
> >
> > added.
> >
> > got:
> >
> >     CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but
> > they are set to NOTFOUND. Please set them or make sure they are set and
> > tested correctly in the CMake files: GLUT_Xmu_LIBRARY (ADVANCED)
>
> I found "some comments" in the archives on this variable (mainly to do with
> MacOsX), but nothing that seemed directly applicable to my Fedora.
>
> And yet it appears that some people do have Linux builds working.
>
> I would welcome assistance.
>
>    BugBear

What I do _not_ understand, why there is proposed to call "make
package_source". Instead
I would try this sequence:
svn co ... (as usual)
mkdir build
cmake ../trunk -DCPACK_BINARY_RPM:BOOL=ON                       # Please do not
call cmake forom source source
make package
# this will create also the package hugin-[someversion]-Linux.rpm

and you should be done with package in the build directory.
At least it so functions on OpenSuSE (which also uses rpm packages)

On ubuntu or debian one should call
        cmake ../trunk -DCPACK_BINARY_DEB:BOOL=ON
and as I have LAPACK and dont like relative referencies, I personally call
        cmake /usr/src/hugin/hugin -DENABLE_LAPACK=YES
-DCPACK_BINARY_DEB:BOOL=ON
( /usr/src/hugin/hugin is _my_ trunk here)

If this works for you, then someone should correct the wiki.

        Kornel

--
Kornel Benko
kornel.be...@berlin.de