On Oct 5, 12:43 am, allard <a...@allardkatan.net> wrote:
> > AFAIK glut.dll should not be necessary. policy on Windows is to link
> > statically to avoid problems with missing / disappearing dlls and other
> > nice side effects of lack of proper package management.
>
> > Possibly a bug in the build system that links nona-gpu dynamically.
>
> OK, is that a line in a Cmake text file or is it more hidden in the
> code? I'll report it as a bug.

CMake, I think. Thanks for the bug report.

> I had forgotten completely about the libpano issues. I was using a
> version that I think I got from Guido's most recent SDK. I'll add
> libpano in my SVN system and build the newer version. What exactly do
> you mean when you say: use the CMake build?

I don't recall the exact status of libpano from Guido's most recent
SDK in terms of stability. In terms of features Hugin 2009.4 may still
be OK linked against it, but latest when we'll introduce the layout
version it will not. Windows users have an interest to follow the
development of libpano closely, like OSX and Linux users already do.

The CMake build make it easier to build libpano. The instructions are
similar to those for the Hugin CMake build. IIRC the Ubuntu ones are
updated. If the Windows ones are not, you can update them while in the
process of building.

> 2.5.1 on the sourceforge page is the RC1 version. I built that and it
> worked without problems.

I have missed the release notes. Yes, 2.5.1_rc1 is what you want to
use and should work w/o problems.

> Although I have to be honest and say I never
> noticed the problems with 2.5.0 either.

What "works for me" does not necessarily "work for them". There are
plenty of bug reports against 2.5.0 and 2.5.2 both in the tracker and
here: and there was already enough in depth analysis to determine that
both are not good enough, even if they may be good enough for an
individual user on a specific machine with some limited test cases.
2.5.0 worked well for me with my simple 6-fisheye 360x180 but crashed
a 30 images project (and I now have 300 images projects to test too).

> I haven't looked at Ad's scripts yet, but I have my own customized
> installer scripts that I could adapt. I remember I sent Ad my version
> when he first started to make installers but I don't know what he has
> changed since then. I think the 'choice' solution is good. I'll see if
> I can figure out how to implement that, if not I'll be back with
> questions. I would suggest also to add an option to install multiple
> versions and let the user choose through the 'use alternative enblend
> program' preference. Where do I get the different versions of
> enblend?

you can find the different versions of enblend and enfuse in my
recently posted binary of the layout branch. No OpenMP versions yet
(maybe somebody who has OpenMP can build them and contribute them to
the effort?)

IIRC you have write access to SVN. I suggest doing the development/
implementation there. The current status, from my perspective, is that
in the Hugin SVN we have installer files for 0.7.0. Ad posted here on
the list his (latest?) version which he used for 2009.2. You have your
personal version. I'd like to see all of them in a collaborative
effort on SVN. Then it will also be easier to sync the installer with
Ad's scripted build system and with Guido and Ryan's efforts to update
the SDK.

Yuv