On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 09:46:37AM -0700, grow wrote:
> I set the stitch going at Hugin's recommended maximum size which was
> roughly 12,080x604.  The extra RAM made a huge difference in

Ok, guys. I'm a bit further and it's bedtime for me.  If anyone wants
to continue where I left off, feel free, keep me posted.

In enblend-3.2/src/mask.h we have:

(the cout's are my instrumentation: gdb is worthless for this
problem. If anyone disagrees, feel free to teach me what I'm doing
wrong...)

        cout << "R11c";fflush (stdout);
        if (snake->front().first) {
            cout << "R16";fflush (stdout);
        // First vertex is moveable. Rotate list so that first vertex is
nonmoveable.
            Segment::iterator firstNonmoveableVertex = snake->begin();
            while (firstNonmoveableVertex->first) ++firstNonmoveableVertex;

            cout << "R17";fflush (stdout);
            // Copy initial run on moveable vertices and first nonmoveable
vertex to end of list.
            Segment::iterator firstNonmoveablePlusOne = firstNonmoveableVertex;
            ++firstNonmoveablePlusOne;
            cout << "R18";fflush (stdout);
            snake->insert(snake->end(), snake->begin(),
firstNonmoveablePlusOne);

            cout << "R19";fflush (stdout);
            // Erase initial run of moveable vertices.
            snake->erase(snake->begin(), firstNonmoveableVertex);
            cout << "R20";fflush (stdout);
        }

Things go pearshaped between the R18 and the R19. in other words: It's
the snake->insert (and/or its arguments)...

Up to that point in time enblend is using about 1036Mb of
memory. inside that single line of code, it allocates another 2Gb of
memory and runs out when the OS refuses more memory.

Snake is "Segment". Segment is derived from "slist". I haven't gotten
around to figuring out where that "insert" code lives, and wether
execution gets there.... (if not, it's the snake->end() or one of the
others)

        Roger.

--
** r.e.wo...@bitwizard.nl ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
**    Delftechpark 26 2628 XH  Delft, The Netherlands. KVK: 27239233    **