Hi Pablo, in my quest to visualize the model I go on with a couple of
questions if you don't mind.

In the XYZ model an example w 3 cameras can look like in *illustration1 *
attached.

It is a 2D illustration, disregarding the Y dimension for the moment.

* 3 cameras with different Z & X, and different Yaw
* The common projection surface is at z=1 (or was it -1?).  The red line
*  XYZ, ypr are independent parameter per Snapshot (= camera position +
image)
*
With configurable projection plane*
>My experimental implementation does use "plane yaw" and "plane pitch",
>to specify the surface normal of the plane, and the plane is always
>tangent to the unit sphere around the "panorama camera". This works very
>similar to the yaw and pitch of the input images. For example, a plane
>at the nadir would be specified by
>plane_pitch=-90.

If I get you right, the constraints on these planes are:
* They are tangent to the unit sphere around the panoramic camera =>
-  the panoramic camera is positioned in (0,0,0)
-  sphere radius 1 to the tangent plane
-   The radius/plane normal has the Te0,Te1 Yaw and Pitch angles

In this case, *illustration2*, there is a separate projection plane per
Snapshot, right? (red, green and blue planes belongs to each colour coded
camera)

How are common features(control points) handled, to make optimization?

I guess your reference to instability in optimization is that a camera could
"look" away from a subject plane altogether, right?